What do I need to apply to the MAT program?
1. Prerequisite Courses
Prerequisite courses (or equivalent) are required for admission to the MAT program. These vary by certification level and include a minimum 30 field-based hours in classroom settings.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3.0 GPA minimum (cumulative or last 60 hours)
- Teaching Field Hours (via transcript) (see the Trinity Course of Study Bulletin)
- GRE scores (only non-Trinity graduates)
3. Required Application Materials
- A completed Trinity Graduate Application
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (only non-Trinity graduates)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended, submitted in sealed envelopes
- A resume detailing educational background and employment experience
- A minimum of four references
- Demonstration of content knowledge mastery, demonstrated via transcript review or exam, such as the Praxis II or TExES
4. Interview Process
After applications are received, candidates meeting program requirements take part in a face-to-face admissions interview. This includes an interview with program faculty, a writing sample, and a dispositional assessment.
Prior to submitting an application, applicants are advised to contact Laura Allen, Director of Certification and Assessment to discuss program requirements and the application process, 210-999-7598, lallen [at] trinity.edu.
Applications for the 2017-2018 MAT Program will be available October 1, 2017 and should be submitted by January 12, 2018.