Alumni | Trinity University

Coronavirus Updates: The latest information on the global pandemic and campus operations.  COVID-19 Website

Apply Now Visit Trinity

You are here


The engineering science program is ideal preparation for careers in creative engineering design, engineering research and development, and investigative engineering. Many choose to further their education with professional engineer (P.E.) registration and licensing. Engineering science graduates also attend nationally recognized graduate schools.

Trinity is proud of the achievements of its alumni and likes to keep up with their work, life and ongoing educational experiences. If you graduated with an Engineering Science degree, feel free to contact the department and let us know what you've been up to.

Rocket Man

"I have one of the coolest jobs I can think of," says Jeff Bennett '05. Jeff designs and tests rockets.


Darrell Bennett ’97, who earned a degree in engineering science, is certainly not afraid to grab the tiger by the tail.

Approximately 70 percent of our graduates go directly into industry and business, while the remaining 30 percent enter top rated graduate schools in electrical, chemical, or mechanical engineering. Some graduates have opted to continue their studies at medical school or law school.

Networking among the engineering science Board of Advisers, faculty, and alumni plays a valuable role in securing jobs for students. Employers have included:

  • IBM
  • Boeing
  • Dow Chemical
  • SAIC
  • Advanced Micro Devices
  • United Space Alliance
  • Texas Instruments
  • McDonnell Douglas
  • Southwest Research Institute
  • Columbia Industries

Some graduates have opted to continue their studies at graduate schools. Examples include:

  • Stanford
  • Georgia Tech
  • University of Minnesota
  • University of Texas at Austin
  • University of California, Berkeley
  • University of Texas Southwest Medical Center at Dallas
  • University of Texas Law School