Trinity is proud of the achievements of its alumni and likes to keep up with their work, life and ongoing educational experiences. If you graduated with a political science degree, feel free to contact the department and let us know what you've been up to.
Maya Raghu '95
After graduating from Trinity and earning her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, Maya worked as a law clerk for a federal judge in Houston and for a law firm in NYC. Eventually, she made the jump from litigation into the advocacy world and is now director of workplace equality and senior counsel at the National Women's Law Center (NWLC) in Washington, D.C., and has become a visible, clear voice across all media for change in the era of movements such as #MeToo, a hashtag highlighting experiences of sexual assault that went viral in October 2017. Read more →
Allison Collinger, '88
After graduating from Trinity she served as executive director of the Rams Foundation for 12 years. Ready for something new in 2007, Allison founded AHC Consulting, LLC, a full-service firm that provides strategic communications, planning, training, and facilitation services. Read more →
Uma Pemmaraju '80
Uma has built an award–winning television news career that has catapulted her to the No. 1 news market in the country. She is currently the host/anchor of "America's News Headquarters w/Uma Pemmaraju" for the Fox News Channel in New York. That makes it even harder to believe that her first job as a journalist, while still a Trinity student, was writing the fishing reports for the San Antonio Express–News. Read more →
Angie Bryan '91
A Senior Foreign Service officer with over 23 years in the Foreign Service, Angie Bryan began her term of elected office as AFSA State Vice President on July 15, 2015.
Alyson Rose-Wood '03
Alyson is a Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Public Health Service currently serving as the Senior Policy Adviser in the Office of the Director of the Division of Viral Hepatitis (DVH) at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, GA. The Division serves as a World Health Organization Collaborating Center for Reference and Research on Viral Hepatitis. Read more →
Derick Rodgers '92
As president of the San Antonio chapter of the Trinity Alumni Association, he can't wait to connect with thousands of Trinity alumni in San Antonio. He fondly remembers jumping in puddles as a student after a campus rainfall and thinks living on the moon, if he can still qualify to be an astronaut, might be his next career. Currently, Rodgers focuses on commercial litigation and general business law with what is now Davis, Cedillo & Mendoza Inc. Read more →
Heather Morlang, '98
She combined her interests in the social and natural sciences at Trinity University through a political science major and environmental studies minor. While her major led her to law school (University of Houston), it was her minor that helped her find a niche in health law. Today she is an attorney-adviser working for the U.S. Army. Read more →
- Manfred Wendt '18 Executive Director for Young Conservatives of Texas
- Alyssa Alfaro '16 Spanish teacher at Holy Family Catholic School, Ft. Worth, TX.
- Amaris Estep '16 Volunteer Coordinator at Catholic Charities, San Antonio, TX.
- Nicole Jeskey '15 Research and Administrative Assistant, Charles Koch Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Nikita Chirkov '15 Contributor, Campus Reform, at the Washington Examiner, Washington, D.C.
- Maria Cristina Ortegon '15 J.D. candidate at the University of Houston Law Center and Chief Operating Officer at Women Ambassadors Forum at the university.
- Jena Daggett '13 Public Diplomacy Master's student at Syracuse University. She received her M.S. in Public Relations from S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University and an M.A. in International Affairs from Syracuse University – Maxwell School.
- Alex Heim '13 Management Intern, Director's Office, Administration & Regulatory Affairs Department, Houston, TX.
- Andrea Paige McGhee '13 works for State Senator Craig Estes, Texas Senate, as Committee Clerk and Policy Analyst – Senate Committee on Natural Resources and Economic Development.
- Ryan Sweezey '13 Strategic Portfolio Planning Specialist for Entergy, Houston, Texas area.
- Michael Weaver '12 Logistics Readiness Officer for the United States Air Force.
- Toby Merkt '12 Public Affairs Specialist for the Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC.
- Rachel DeFoe Newton '12 Senior Operations Manager for City Year, Kansas City, MO.
- Kelly Wilson '12 Program Associate for GlobalGiving, Washington, DC.
- Lindsey Hovland '11 Assistant District Attorney, Harris County District Attorney's Office, Houston, TX. Received her J.D. from Southern Methodist University of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor.
- Thomas Bell '11 Ph.D. student in Government at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Ryan Luby '11 Senior Analyst at McKinsey & Company, Boston, MA. Received Ph.D. in political science and government from Columbia University in the City of New York.
- Michelle Haskin '10 Business development manager at Norton Rose Fulbright, Houston, TX. Received her Master's Degree from Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey. Read more →
- Hunter Price '09 Director, Air Force Digital Service, at Defense Digital Service, Washington, D.C.
- Joe Jaeger '09 CEO/cofounder of Statecraft Simulations. Joe started this company based on a project he did for Dr. Nishikawa's Research Methods class. Received his M.B.A. from the University of Texas, Austin.
- Lyon Forage '08 Insurance Manager at Fugro. Received his M.I.A. from Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs, New York.
- Ashleen Kelly Bagnulo '08 Assistant Professor of political science at Texas State University, San Marcos, TX. She received her M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Notre Dame.
- John Boney '06 Manager of Analytics for MassHealth in Boston. He received his M.P.H. from Harvard School of Public Health.
- Danny Hosein '06 Associate at Morgan Lewis in the Corporate and Business Transactions practice group. He received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- Victoria Smith '06 Manager, Donor Relations and Resource Development at Oxfam America. She received her M.B.A. from Boston University Questrom School of Business, Boston, MA.
- Ragan Updegraff ‘06 Associate at Morris, Manning & Marten in their International Trade practice. He received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Emma Hersh '06 Project Manager | Community Engagement Strategist | Trainer & Curriculum Designer | Fundraiser for Orb Media, Washington, DC. She received her M.P.A. in public policy analysis from New York University.
- Leticia Bode ‘05 Assistant Professor at Georgetown University in the Communication, Culture, and Technology master's program. She received her M.A. and Ph.D. in political science from the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- Tara Rohde '05 member of Public Strategies' Corporate Partnerships Practice Group in Dallas, TX, where she assists with strategic communications and research for a leading energy company.
- Alex Peterson '05 Director, Technical Services at Blumont, Inc., Arlington, VA. He received his Master of Divinity from Yale University Divinity School. Read more →
- Matthew Pepping '05 Corporate Attorney at Chasnoff Mungia Pepping & Stribling PLLC Law Firm. He received his J.D. from the University of Notre Dame Law School.
- Jennifer Haley-Brown '04 Law Clerk at the United States District Court of Arizona. She received her Ph.D. and J.D. from the University of Arizona.
- Sara Dahill-Brown '04 Assistant Professor of political science at Wake Forest University. She earned her M.A. and Ph.D. in political science from the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- Natalie Roetzel Ossenfort '04 serves as the Director of Alliance for Justice Texas office. Prior to her work with the organization, she helped to create and run the Innocence Project of Texas, a nonprofit dedicated to freeing those wrongfully convicted of crimes in the state. She received her J.D. from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Ft. Worth, TX.
- Rick Schroder '04 City Administrator, City of Helotes, Helotes, TX. Received his M.P.A. from The George Bush School of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M University, College Station, TX. Linkedin profile →
- David Denton '03 attorney and owner of the Law Office of David T. Denton. Received his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX.
- Amber Rogers '03 attorney with the Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney's Office in Fort Worth, TX. She received her J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX.
- Sam Brannen '02 Director, Global Business Policy Council at A.J. Kearney a global management consulting firm in Washington, DC. Received his M.A. from the Elliott School of International Affairs at George Washington University.
- Pamela Neumann '00 Zemurray-Stone Post-Doctoral Fellow, Stone Center of Latin American Studies, Tulane University. Received Ph.D. in Sociology, University of Texas at Austin. Linkedin profile →
- Casey Low '00 attorney and partner of Pillsbury law firm, Austin, TX. He received his J.D. from Harvard Law School.
- Meghan McClurg Deputy City Attorney for Chula Vista City Attorney's Office, CA. Received her J.D. and LL.M. from the University of Arizona.