I have been a member of the music faculty of Trinity University since 1990 and maintain a balance between teaching in San Antonio, giving workshops and masterclasses, conducting adjudication across the country, and actively performing as a soloist and chamber musician in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
I am one of the four core members of SOLI Chamber Ensemble. We are the Trinity University resident chamber ensemble and regularly perform in San Antonio. Recently, we toured Colorado and are looking forward to two short residencies next year in Indiana and Houston. At Trinity, we coach chamber musicians and give workshops for budding composers.
- CD: Carolyn True 1 (works of Ligeti, Bach/Brahms, Beethoven, Bennett)
- Starer, Sketches in Color, sets one and two, editor and performer (Hal Leonard)
- Milhaud, A Child Loves, editor and performer (Hal Leonard)
- In production: CD - Carolyn True and Bradley Beckman (two-piano works of Piazzolla, Bernstein, Barber)
Grants and Awards
- 2010 Dr. and Mrs. Z. T. Scott Faculty Fellowship
- 2000 TMTA Collegiate Teacher of the Year
Community Service and Involvement
- I am very involved in Music Teachers National Association, the state (association TMTA) and two local associations (SAMTA and Alliance MTA). I've taken on a number of leadership roles, at present. I'm on the editorial board of AMT, Coordinator for the TMTA State Performance Contests, and Program Chairman for Alliance MTA.
- Recently, I've been privileged to be the Tuesday Musical Club piano duos coach. I'm looking forward to continuing to share some incredibly musical ladies with our San Antonio community.
- I'm the advisor for TUCHE (the TU student chamber ensemble). They are a great group of musicians of a variety of levels, specialties, and interests. Look for them and their activities.
- Trinity students are eligible for free admission to the San Antonio Symphony's Classical concerts Often, we'll get a group together to go downtown for dinner and a concert.